Saturday, February 4, 2012

Do you think the meanings and story behind names really matters?

Okay I'm not a religious person so I didn't notice but apparently the name I want to name my son is the name of a Adam's son who was jealous of his brother Abel and so he killed him!





I mean, that's terrible, but do you think that the story behind the name really matters? Is something like that significant enough for me to reconsider the name?





The name is Cain by the way.|||I personally don't care about anything other than my opinion of the name. Meanings and things don't matter to me.|||Yeah I really do but I'm one of those like...OCD people when it comes to meanings. Like I would never use Kennedy, it means ugly head...how horrible. MAYBE if i really loved the name...like I love the name Brody. It means brother in some places but some it means ditch and i'd still use it. Depends on the meaning, with your example yeah I wouldnt use Cain.|||I mean, I don't usually think the meaning matters that much, but that's an incredibly well-known biblical story. Cain has pretty awful connotations, and I dont think I've ever met anyone named Cain. Maybe think on this a bit more?|||It doesn't make any difference to me. I don't pay much attention to the meaning of names or the story behind a name. Have the name Cain if that is what you want.|||It depends. The meaning of a name is definitely not the most important, but I would, like, never name a child Lilith or Azael because they are demonic names, even if I think they sound nice :)|||Yes.


I love meanings behind names but not the name meaning it's self.


I use names to honor people I love and adore! :)|||No, its historical, and think about it, its kinda cool it was the first son's name, If you like the name go for it.|||No It doesn't matter everyone is different ya kno he'll be fine but i think you should think of another name

No comments:

Post a Comment