Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What are some African or West African first or last names or where could I find a list with the meanings?

I soon will be changing my name to better fit my actual heritage and culture, so I am in the process of exploring which names to choose from and am open to suggestions from any *informed8 and educated people on this topic.|||as a nigerian i can only suggest nigerian names and the will all be from my ethnic group igbo. the names will be female





Ngozi means blessing





Nkechi means belongs to God


Nwaije means a child who travels


Chika means God is great or god is the most powerful


Oby means she/he exists


ChiChi means God God


Chiamaka means God knows


Chiamara means god knows


chinere means god gave


Nneka means my daughter is the greatest.


adanna means my fathers first daughter





those were female first names these are last names





Jamike means no one is stronger than me





ikechukwu means strength of god





Njoku (my last name) means fear of fire


chimeaze means god is king


enyinnaya (my middle name) means friend of his/her father


chimobi means god is my heart


dioka means husband of corn


obinna means heart of his father.|||The link below can help u. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment