Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What are the meanings behind the names Sierra, Sabrina and Samantha?

The orgin.


The meaning.


Your thoughts on the names...


thank you|||Sabrina- A name for the River Severn, possibly inspired by the Celtic legend of Sabrina, daughter of King Locrine and his mistress Estrildis, whose birth caused the queen to slay her husband and toss mother and daughter into the River Severn.


I think that this name is quite modern-sounding and is quite popular like "Sabrina the teenage witch".


Samantha- Heard. A name implying the granting of parents' prayers for a child. A popular name in the US.


Well, I have to say that this is my favorite name of the three, as this is actually MY middle name!


Sierra- The name Sierra comes from the Irish origin. In Irish The meaning of the name Sierra is: Dark. Feminine of Ciaran.


This name is quite feminine, and sounds beautiful.|||Sierra means strong and beautiful|||According to babynames.com (lol)





Sierra means moutian and it's origin is Spainish. I personally love it! It's very cute :)





Sabrina means from the river servern and it's orign is Latin. I think it is an alright name, but I don't like anywhere near as much as I like Sierra!





Samantha means combined name and it's origin is American. It's a bit too much of a common name for me!





Hope this helps :)

1 comment:

  1. I read this amazing blog. They provide all the information. If you need to repair your car, There is Auto Body Shop Houston.
    https://collisionkingauto.com/

    ReplyDelete