Saturday, February 4, 2012

WHY do people get so worked up about meanings of names?

UGH I'm getting tired of this Cra* over meanings


.


So what if you name your DD Madison your calling her Madison on the playground not "Son of MAUD".(Now that would be interesting though)





My name mean "my God is an oath" Umm.|||Along time ago people were given names and they were to live up to them. Just like in some places in Hawaii people are given names and they are meant to live up to them. I think it's pretty freaky to be given a name that could mean something potentially evil, and not think twice about naming your child that. But then again a name is a name. Therefore this is what everyone will know you by, so if you can it should be chosen wisely.|||Haha...I don't know why...I'm really stuck on meanings but my name means "island of the linden trees" LOL obviously my parents did not care about meanings. I'm over it. I guess some people look at it and some people do not.|||because it is the name you have to live with duhhhh.|||well would you want your kids name to mean "evil one" or "one that kills"? i dont think so.|||beacus it could mean somethoing like " the idiot"|||Because many times people are curious, especially the children the names are given to. You looked up YOUR name. How would you have felt as a little kid to find out your name meant "Unwanted" or you shared a name with a famous murderer?





I know as a third-grader, it made my day to find out that my name (that I had thought was weird up until that moment) meant Magnificent.|||idk why it is such a big deal lol there are lots of names that i like that dont have meanings that really mean anything to me and i still like them

No comments:

Post a Comment