Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wondering if anyone knows any traditional papua new guinea boy names or islander names and their meanings?

Pregnant with a baby boy and want to give him a name from Papua New Guinea, my other two boys have names that come from there and I want to keep up the tradition.|||There's a guy on the PNG NRL squad called Pidi, which I believe means something like "sweet".





There's also one called Makali, which I think is the Polynesian word for the Pleiades constellation - I think that one's really nice!





Another called Dairi. I don't know if this is where the name comes from, but it's the name of a tribe in Sumatra.





One called Arebo - this is the name of a place in PNG, but I do not know the meaning of it.





There's another guy called Elizah, but unfortunately it probably looks too much like the female name Eliza. It looks like a PNG version of Elijah, maybe?





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papua_New_G鈥?/a>





Then I just Googled like crazy.|||~ I found a list of names at the bottom of the website below. There were no meanings. Each time I tried to find a meaning for one of these names, I hit a brick wall. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment