Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What names do you love but hate the meanings?

I used to adore the name Ceila, but then I found out in meant blind and hated it ever since! ;_; It sounds so beautiful, but such a depressing meaning...I also love the name Giselle, but that means...hostage? D: Anyway, what about you?|||I do love the name Celia too.


The meaning is depressing so I remember that Saint Cecilia was a very


positive woman, one with whom I would be proud to share a name.





I also like Cameron - but not the meaning.


And Mary - some have it meaning 'bitterness' but then I read that it meant


'born after much bitterness- joy after bitterness' - so that is wonderful.





(Katherine and Catherine have Greek origin meaning - pure - so that is much better than incorrectly thinking that they mean 'torture')|||Claudia ----- means lame, as in disabled.





I still might use it though. Meanings don't have as much of a bearing on my choice since the average Joe isn't going to know what your kid's name means.|||Meaning's don't bother me at all really :) I guess I don't like the meaning for Kate / Katharine / Katarina - "torture". But I still like the names regardless 鈾?/div>


  • 2 years ago




  • Report Abuse




|||Randy.

No comments:

Post a Comment