Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How many different names/meanings for Void in Kanji?

I'm trying to create a unique name for a character I'm creating whose name is a reverse meaning to another person's name.





I asked a friend before about a name and he gave me "Kasumi", 绌? which in Kanji means "void" for the absence of light, but some weeks later I discovered that Kasumi means "Mist" in Kanji and another name I picked out for another character called "Shikei Kara", 绌烘鍒? which means "Empty Death Penalty" (I think, still learning Japanese) to refer to the character's lack of emotion and duty to perform her task without question or hesitation. However "Kara" which means "empty" uses the Kanji "绌?quot; which is what my friend provided for me for Kasumi's name which he gave out as "绌?quot;... which means sense empty=void but it's pronounced as "Kara" right?





Does anyone if there's different names of Void in Kanji or different meanings of the name Kasumi "闇?quot;, because I like the name and I fits with the character I have in made, but should I change Shikei's last name "Kara" to something else to refer to her personality?|||Shikei Kara sounds just fine to me.|||Thank you for the "Shikei Kara" bit, but that's my second character.





My first character is called "Kasumi" and "Shikei" is her underling. I was wondering if the Kanji "绌?quot; is pronounced Kasumi also which could mean "Void" as well since the "absence of light" is the theme of her name.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment