Saturday, February 4, 2012

What are the meanings of these girl names?

Elizabeth


Isabella


Addison


Sophie


Sophia


Alice|||Elizabeth [God's promise]





Isabella [derived from Elizabeth means God's promise]





Addison [Red Earth]





Sophie [Wisdom]





Sophia [same as Sophie; Wisdom]





Alice [Exalted Nature]





If you need to look up more meanings try:





babynamer.com





Good Luck!|||Elizabeth- My God is vow


Isabella- My God is vow


Addison- Son of Adam


Sophie- Wisdom


Sophia- Wisdom


Alice- Noble kind





There will be different meanings for some of these names.


(for example, on one site Elizabeth means my God is vow, on another my God is bountiful, and another, my God is oath)|||Well, Elizabeth and Isabella are actually the same name, believe it or not!





Elizabeth - Hebrew, God Is My Oath


Isabella - Italian, God Is My Oath


Addison - son of Adam (probably not what you want to call a daughter)


Adam - Hebrew, Of The Earth. So Addison means Son of the Earth, approximately.


Sophie - French, Wisdom


Sophia - Greek, Wisdom


Alice - English, Of A Noble Kin. Alice is from the same origin as Adelaide





Of this list, I'd definitely choose Alice. What a sweet name.|||Depends on what site or book you look at. One site or book will have a diffrent meaning for the same name. It all depends.


I like babynames.com for looking up for that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment